AAA towing

General Club Discussion
Ryanotown22

AAA towing

Post by Ryanotown22 »

I was thinking about getting AAA premium towing they offer a 200 mile range. Anyone else have them? any issues?
Ryan
‘78 280z sold
‘75 280z
Randalla

Re: AAA towing

Post by Randalla »

I've had AAA since 2008 and strongly recommend them. I tend to use all the tows alloted every year. Really a good deal for the annual cost. I think Hagerty also includes towing as part of their policy, but I've never used it.
1967 1/2 Roadster- 1600 4 cyl.
1972 240Z- 280 I-6
1976 710 Wagon- L20B 4 cyl.
1977 620 King Cab - L18 4 cyl.
2003 350Z Track- VQ V-6
AZ 2 NV

Post by AZ 2 NV »

I have had AAA since 1982......Also highly recommend.......longest tow (125 miles) was from Quartzite to Phoenix for my 300ZX 2+2 back in '06.
Some years I use the maximum allotted to and some years I don't, They also do jump starts. I also have Hagerty, just don't use them as much.

Gregg
Shift_happens

Gregg Rogers
'66 Datsun Roadster / A54 Solid Red
'71 Datsun 240-Z / 920 Safari Gold
'93 300ZX Convertible / CK2 Cocoa Bronze
insitu_az
Site Admin

Post by insitu_az »

We have had AAA for years. Their roadside assistance and towing are very good. I also call them when my batteries give that first sign of going bad. They come out, change the battery, take away the old one, and maintain records to insure you get a rebate if the battery didn't last 5 years. Their batteries also seem to last much longer than most brands. I have typically gotten 4 or more years from their batteries, where I often got less than 2 years from other brands.

- Guy
Ryanotown22

Post by Ryanotown22 »

Well I guess this makes my decision pretty easy thank you all.
Ryan
‘78 280z sold
‘75 280z
theAngryMarmot

Post by theAngryMarmot »

We have the 100 mile range membership.

Paid off when my wife's Corolla prematurely crapped it timing chain and introduced the pistons to the valves on the way back from Moab, UT. This happened outside of flagstaff, and we were 99 miles from home - Lol. The tow truck driver wasn't too happy about going to Phoenix, but he remained friendly. Turns out him and I knew some of the same people as he had worked for a few collectors in town. It was late-sh on a weekend so we tipped him well for putting up with us.

Come to think of it, it was also handy when her Corolla ate it's ECU. The Toyota dealer in Mesa refused to come get the car (even though it was still in warranty by a significant margin, and we were only 7 miles away.....) We used AAA. Then I had to fight with the service manager to get her a loaner car, and he belittled me when I told him that it was the ECU. Amazingly, two days later they diagnosed it as the ECU and had to order it in. Even more amazingly, a few months later they issued a recall for the ECUs. I spoke to Toyota corporate about it - they were unresponsive. Reminded me of when my Audi S4 obliterated it's catalytic converters and I had to call Audi USA in front of the dealer service manager to get it repaired. But at least Audi corporate was helpful.

Even more amazingly, even after the "customer service" we recieved from Toyota - we happily trotted to the Mazda dealer and got her a then new 2015 3 Hatchback. It has been flawless and the dealer actually gives a crap and treats her like a customer.

Lol, so the TLDR version, AAA is great. Toyota not so much these days. I just realized how many issues I have had with dealers. Yikes.